How to entry into Vietnam during Covid-19
On May 23, the National Steering Committee for Prevention and Control of COVID-19 (a.k.a National Steering Committee) issued a guide obtaining entry permits for foreigners who are investors, experts, highly skilled workers, and business managers into Vietnam for work in accordance with Government Office’s announcement No. 182/TB-VPCP issued on May 15, 2020.
On July 24, the National Steering Committee issued an official letter no. 3949/CV-BCD requiring mandatory procedures and documents for “experts” entering Vietnam.
Note: This application is effective for those having temporary resident cards (TRC).
Brief guidance to apply for entry approval
Foreign employees that want to enter Vietnam should ensure they have a sponsor who can assist in obtaining the necessary paperwork.
The sponsored company needs to send a request letter to the provincial people’s committee (PPC) where the employee will be located after entry into Vietnam, and other relevant authorities such as the Ministry of Public Security (MPS) and the Ministry of Health (MOH).
The letter should specifically request that authorities approve the worker/expert be permitted to enter Vietnam and provide quarantine measures to be taken by the company (at a paid-quarantine hotel, or a government quarantine camp). The company must also work out the details regarding quarantine, medical surveillance, transportation options, etc., with the authorities on a case-by-case basis.
After reviewing the request, the PPC will make a decision and, if approved, will instruct Immigration to process the foreigner’s entry. If approved, all individuals entering Vietnam must be quarantined for 14 days at a government-designated facility or the hotel (if applicable).
The PPC also requires a non-COVID-19 medical certificate. The certificate is presented upon entry and may be required in advance.
List of 8 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City as paid isolation zones for foreign experts
- Holiday Inn Hotel, 18E Cộng Hòa Street, Ward 4, Tân Bình District
- BIS Saigon Aiport Hotel, 2 Hồng Hà Street, Ward 2, Tân Bình District
- Bát Đạt Hotel, 238-244 Trần Hưng Đạo Street, Ward 11, District 5
- Hotel des Arts Saigon, 76-78 Nguyễn Thị Minh Khai Street, Ward 6, District 3
- Le Meridien Saigon Hotel, 3C Tôn Đức Thắng Street, Bến Nghé Ward, District 1
- IBIS Saigon South Hotel, 73 Hoàng Văn Thụ Street, Phú Mỹ Hưng, Tân Phú Ward, District 7
- Đệ Nhất Hotel, 18 Hoàng Việt Street, Ward 4, Tân Bình District
- Norfolk Hotel, 117-119 Lê Thánh Tôn Street, Bến Nghé Ward, District 1
Regulations are likely to change quickly. Hence, we recommend that you follow the Vietnamese Ministry of Public Security’s national web portal on immigration here and the Vietnamese Government’s website here for information.
If you wish to get assistance on this, we will put you in contact with our provider.